Sunday, April 8, 2018

Libris Awards and mist...

I had some good news the other week - two of my books have been shortlisted for the 2018 Libris Awards: Australian Artists' Book Prize.

The exhibition takes place at Artspace Mackay and will open at 6pm Saturday 26 May 2018.

I find myself in excellent company with some of the best book artists in Australia represented on the list. I can only imagine that it will be a stunning exhibition, so will just have to see if it is possible in any which way to get there.

This little book Lost for Words is going places (currently on show in the US; in the journal Bound and Lettered and now headed to Mackay...).


And this book What? Why? What? What? too in a way - currently on show in the US and also headed to Mackay.


Happy Dance.

But back to the mountain...where we have been having what seems to be the longest wettest summer ever.  I know folks in the northern hemisphere feel like it is a looooonnnnnngggg cold winter, but we are just warm and wet.

Here are some shots form out of the window last week - sigh.







6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both your books getting in (((Fiona))) and love the photographs of mist on your screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo! And yes the dots on the grid were just so lovely from this direction, then that...

      Delete
  2. Well done Fiona! It is a wonderful and well deserved recognition.

    I LOVE the grid of raindrops! I am beading onto squares this year to record each day - creating a somewhat all over random/controlled pattern, if you know what I mean.
    I think that to use something like your image as a starting point would be amazing! I am very inspired now! I have some other ideas of what I might record. Now to further develop it.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous Sandy! How cool that a random set of photos from across the world can suddenly unlock the door to something else completely over there - love it! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the books. I hope they have an online catalogue.

    We haven't had much snow this year but a lot of wet. Why does your grey look so much more interesting than ours? I'm looking forward to spring and some colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac - and an interesting thought about the grey looking more interesting! Grass greener? Perhaps because ours is fleeting and misty and moving, rather than settling as the same same for so long. But also - you have just had way too much of it this winter and Spring - I wish you sunshiny moments soon!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.